How to create the "Harlem Shake" Lead Synth with N.I. Massive
0 comments, 0 votes casted
Youtube User ProductionBytes explains how to create the lead synth of the world famous track "Harlem Shake" by Baauer in Native Instruments ' Massive synth.
The Basic synth
1) Open N.I. Massive (blank patch)
2) Attach Env 1 to the pitch of OSC 1 and drag that up to 12:00 (1 octave)
3) Edit the Env by turning off the attack, turning the decay all the way up and set the decay time to aprox 40%
The Harlem Shake Lead
1) Change basic wave form from Square-SAW I to Square-SAW II
2) Switch insert 1 to HP/ LP filter. Turn the HP off and the LP to 2+ O'clock. (Take of the harshness make it sound thicker).
3) Add "Flanger Positive" to FX Slot 1 and set: dry/wet to full, rate to about 55%, feedback to 25% and depth to 35%. (add some stereo panning).
4) Add a small reverb.
5) Use the EQ to boost around 5 kHz and take a bit of the low end off.