Producer Daron Jones (of 112) making a soulful beat for a new artist of Diddy
0 comments, 0 votes casted
This is a rather unknown video of big producer Daron Jones making a beat in the studio.
He is programming a beat on the MPC and later on adds different sound layers to it.
Very soulful RnBish Hip Hop instrumentel.
The different sounds for the instrumental are building up like this:
- Rim shot
- Hight hat (slightly off time for the groove)
- Hit sound (for the "gangsta vibe")
- Open hi hat
- cymbal (transition)
- Bass line (very funky)
- Some Pipe sound (Mysterious/ Dark/ Scary)
- Pad (for hook/ drama/ plays same chords as piano)
- Build the full loop and then take out "dramatic elements" to make the vere sound different from the hook.
- Leave the beat out for breaks and to keep things interesting.
- Do musically overdubs to reduce the monotonity that's in the nature of looped beats.
Note: From what I see there is basically no quantization for any sound